Tuesday, September 18, 2007

numbers

pen these numbers onto my wrist,
they etched them there, here's to eternal bliss.
red marks of remembrance, forfeit
this life time. thats it.

onto a stone, you carve my name.
here the chisel sparks alone,
frighten the night, alls the same.
but all you've got are the bones.

i remember then, those days, they stay
with your forever, like these letters.
banish the pain, the thought. just too late.
a feverent animosity, just bitters
any taste.

during those days i thought,
i'd never live to see another face.
now i see the life they've bought
torture every day, torment laced.

i see your face, out here, the cold weather.
i wish i hadn't ever.
the pain i gush you'd never understand.
now it's time for you make a stand.

it's all in these numbers on my wrist.
so cold, so old, so bold, so bliss.
the gases and hunger and work,
my childhood missed.
starved to the bone, locked away, like a beast
haunting this forest, no more peace.
so will you run and leave me and
just these numbers on my wrist?

No comments:

Post a Comment