Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day Zero

And so the exams have ended. Just like that, silently, on the morning of the twentieth of november. Much unlike the way they arrived, with a huge bang, cacophoniously disrupting life and like a good guest, arriving so amply supplied with the gift of chaos. Yet it left egragiously this morning, like a thief in the night. In a mere thirty minutes, it was over.

In its wake, a new freedom arose. Three years worth of heavy shackles, chains and bondage fell off my shoulders. In response, my shoulders rejoiced of course. Yet, this new weightlessness is an unwelcomed feeling. The shackles and chains of before were not dead weights, but wheels, they provided meaning and purpose. Twelve hours into the aftermath, the lack of meaning and purpose in my life now has become as clear as crystal. I'm confident enough to say, that if this was a well read website, I'd recieve hatemail for following blasphemous statement. I want to go back to school so I can learn more. I want to study post-A levels.

Well, who'd thought unemployment would be so boring. Boredom, you are one of my greatest nemesis and one of the most powerful. Your powers of lethargy and depressive and negativity are strong enough to make the sun fall out of the sky. If only I knew your one weakness, the krytonite that will end all your terror. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment