Tuesday, October 13, 2009

vicissitudal year

I need to stop getting injured. I've been injured so many times in a year before. I think its the bloody army. I've managed to mangle my other ankle. It was perfect timing really, about thiry minutes into training. I spent the rest of the time on the sidelines wishing my ankle would stop hurting so I could abuse the rest of my unfit body.

Well, the good side is that I got some substantial recovery time from the doctor, the down side is that I also got some real substantial recovery time from my ankle. Gotta wait another six weeks for it to heal, hopefully in time for season. The whole thing ballooned up this morning when i woke up and tried to walk out of bed. I wonder if it would've hurt less if there wasn't 110kg balancing on it.

I'm also rather curious about the young physicians here. It amazing how they will address you in such a saccharine patronizing tone, its as though they're trying to give you caries and at the same time dispense pharmaceuticals. Either that or they believe that every patient they see is, regardless of their age (and oh so many of them looked so senior that it might be their last visit), below the age of ten, and therefore have to be talked to like spawnlings with a slight falsetto. Its fascinating how children, or at least smart children hate to be talked to in that way in the first place. Quaint place the clinic is.

I need to get back in the game! I hate my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment