Monday, April 12, 2010

Dead Rose

Dead Rose (2007)

Dead Rose

You are
A rose ungiven.
It seems so wasted, just withering there.
A failed existence: unappreciated, unfulfilled
unreached potential.
you poor rose, never held, never smelt,
never clutched to the bosom of a loved one given.
A life of wonder, your dying world.

And I sit here to ponder.
What could have been if I had bothered
A try, Walked to her, and muttered a few
Helloes and goodbyes,
And watch her shyly smile as i give to her,
You.
To her cheeks, would a red as deep as your's appear,
And smiles we would have shared.
But I didn't.

Only an 'if' remains,
it runs through our minds and never fades;
I see her face staring in the distance,
and I wonder,
Silence echoes in my ear, eroding the music of love
played here,
And I sit, and watch as you wither,
Watch each red petal blacken and fall
amid the dying screams of rock and roll riffs
and mauls,
I feel as you do,
So silently,
Withering away at the 'if'.

No comments:

Post a Comment