Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What if I told you I'd never give up? That I'd never back down? That, no matter how many times you push me down, no matter how many times I fall, no matter many times I get floored, I will never drop my sword, I will never let go of my shield?

I will get up and go at you again and again and again. I won't be bothered by the pain and the torture of every breath. I will get up. I will push on. I will fight on.

I can't stop. Not now, not after so long. No, I can't. I know I'm stubborn. That's the nature of the Taurus. This is the dragon burning within me. I just can't settle for anything less than this. I don't care how many times you push me off the mountain, and how my hands are bleeding and my knees are scraped and how my muscles burn with ever step I take, and how much soot has covered my face, I will get up and I will charge again. And again. And again. AND AGAIN, UNTIL I REACH YOUR SUMMIT, UNTIL I STAND ABOVE YOUR PEAK, UNTIL I HOLD YOU IN ALL YOUR VIGOUROUS TENACITY.

I AM A FIGHTER. I AM A SOLDIER. AND I CANNOT STOP. THAT IS WHO I AM. I DO NOT KNOW DEFEAT.

And, I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment