Friday, August 19, 2011

I miss...

I hate nothing more than being injured. Recovery and rehab time are always an eternity and something greatly to be suffered. Injury means you have to start from scratch with your fitness, which if you’re like me, was never there in the first place means a few months of pain and humiliation trying to bring up your stamina to run 5km again, never mind getting back on the track to do intervals for anaerobic stamina. Of course, there’s being left out. Everyone else is having fun, while you pace the side of the field, looking on. Finally, aside from your game, there’re all the little things in life that I miss being able to do.

I miss being able to
- keep up pace with my friends when we’re walking
- brisk walk
- change in less than 3 minutes
- run up and down stairs
- tiptoe
- roll around in bed
- shake my left leg, though it’s a very bad habit
- stretch my left foot and pointing my toes
- wriggle my left toes
- not have pain under my arms from the crutches
- jump about all of the place
- to get a snack anytime i wanted
- to walk to church for Mass

In fact, I’m not sure if it’s because of the injury, but I am really earning to go for daily Mass now. One of my worries is that when I go for Mass this Sunday, I won’t be able to kneel properly and adore the Lord and thus won’t be able to commune. Of course, I might be being scrupulous, but I guess you could say that I refuse to commune unless I may treat the Lord, my God with the greatest respect possible.

There’s still spiritual communion! And, what a treat to be chosen by God’s grace to be at the Lord’s Supper. http://fisheaters.com/TLMmissingmass.html

No comments:

Post a Comment