Friday, June 01, 2012

Queen of the May

May, being the Month of Mary, I actually have a post on Marian devotion lined up, but because of exams and my inability to perform well in medicine, I was unable to write it. I will still post it up in parts over the next few days. I'm just a bit sad that I couldn't finish writing it tonight.

Anyway, today, if it weren't Pentecost Thursday, would be the feast of the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary. What a fitting feast day to end the Marian month. So here's Canon Sydney MacEwan with Queen of the May. I just learned this month, and it is one of my new favourite Marian hymns C:



Queen of the May
Bring flowers of the rarest,
Bring blossoms the fairest
From garden and woodland
and hillside and dale.
Our full hearts are swelling,
Our glad voices telling
The praise of the loveliest Flower
of the vale.

O Mary we crown thee with
blossoms today,
Queen of the angels and Queen
of the May (2x)


Their Lady
They name thee,
Their Mistress
proclaim thee,
O grant they children on earth
be as true.
As long as bowers
Are radiant with flowers,
As long as the azure shall keep its bright hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment