Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Rose Ungiven

You are
A rose ungiven.
It seems so wasted, just withering there.
A failed existence, unappreciated, unfulfilled
unreached potential.
you poor rose, never held, never smelt.
never clutched to the bosom of a loved one given.
A life of wonder. your dying world.

And I sit here, to ponder.
What could have been if I had bothered
A try. Walked to her, and muttered a few
Helloes and goodbyes.
And watch her shyly smile as to her I give,
You.
To her cheeks, would a red as deep as your's appear,
And smiles we would have shared.
But I didn't.

Only an 'if', it runs through our minds.
I see her face staring in the distance. I wonder.
Silence echoes in my ear, eroding the music of love
played here.
And I sit, and watch as you wither.
Watch each red petal blacken and fall,
amid the dying screams of rock and roll riffs and mauls
I feel as you do.
So silently,
Withering away at the 'if'.

No comments:

Post a Comment