Monday, July 09, 2007

asylum

song: maonday, monday [mamas and papas]

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, ...


Ever felt like mondays are horribly? Like garfield kinda horrible. Of course the little plump feline gets off easy, Lasagne day is on monday. 'least he gets consolation pasta. the rest of the miserable world goes home to bed and hopefully a good night's sleep. I got back gp and math and clb today. Fail. Fail. Fail. Gah, i've never had such a bad exam run before for exams where i really prepared for. Bad day. "every other day, every other day of the week is fine.."

oh monday , monday..
though i got a five and a half for my application question for GP. I guess a slice of lasagne is good. Guess i can't have the cake and eat it. Yet anyway. always room to pick yourself up and improve and get better.

In that sense, anyone who says that i'm happy probably has no idea what's going on inside the flesh. I'm far from content. I remember an episode House, where a mother, temporarily killed her baby, cause she had some disease and now has cancer and is refusing treatment. Foreman chides House and House shoots him down, telling him to go persuade that 'everyday is a blessing' but points out how he doesn't believe it anymore. House goes on to say that 'if we were all satisfied with what we have, what a beautiful world it would be? we'd all slowly starve to death in our own filth, but we'd be happy.'

it makes me wonder, how content we are in life, the more stagnant we stay. I look at a lot of my friends, they're happy just to learn the bare neccessities of every topic, what let's them just pass. They chastise me for taking it up a notch, at every level to understand and know and reiterate. I guess that's what separates the A students in the top classes from those in the sports classes. It's why the D students wonder why the A students complain about getting a B and 3 other As.. It's that careless mistake that pisses them off. They don't understand. They won't.

Though being uncontent with life has many many of it's on dilemmas. I wake up every day chasing questions I couldn't answer yesterday, hunting for solutions for unsolved puzzles. Watching people, improving my deducing skills, descriptive skills and observational skills. I extend my range of knowledge reading as many things as i can. I stick out like a sore thumb in a world of content people. After a while it gets to you. You become miserable. Curiousity kills, not in the way you think it does.

Try it. Be unhappy for an entire week. Unhappy with your situation in life, trying to make it all better, searching for perfection. You'll be miserable too, then you'd realize that everything that you do matters. Everything that anyone does matters, it's important, even the slightest little deviation from normalcy. Then you start to see patterns, start to question laws and theories, start to question everything. Pity if you have robotic teachers or superiors.

Can you take the heat?
Maybe at the end, you can join me and foreman, testing our memories, pushing the extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment